On Wed, Jun 20, 2007 at 12:45:52PM +0200, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:

> Will be nice to not EFI label disks, though:) Currently there is a
> problem with this - zpool created on Solaris is not recognized by
> FreeBSD, because FreeBSD claims GPT label is corrupted. On the other
> hand, creating ZFS on FreeBSD (on a raw disk) can be used under Solaris.

FYI, the primary reason for using EFI labels is that they are
endian-neutral, unlike Solaris VTOC.  The secondary reason is that they
are simpler and easier to use (at least on Solaris).

I'm curious why FreeBSD claims the GPT label is corrupted.  Is this
because FreeBSD doesn't understand EFI labels, our EFI label is bad, or
is there a bug in the FreeBSD EFI implementation?

Thanks,

- Eric

--
Eric Schrock, Solaris Kernel Development       http://blogs.sun.com/eschrock