Rick, I have the same motherboard on my backup machine and got 48MBytes/sec
sustained on a 650GB transfer (but that was using iSCSI), so I suggest two
things:

1. Make sure you are using the latest stable -- i.e. not beta, BIOS update. You
can use a USB thumbdrive to install it, and can save the old one on there too,
in case you want to return to it.

2. I assume you have at least Category 5e ethernet cables between all boxes
linked to your gigabit switch. If not, that could be the cause as Cat. 5 might
not be sufficient. I use Cat. 6 because I wanted to be sure if I got low speeds
that it wasn't the cables letting me down. You might also be able to do a cable
test as part of the system's POST, set within the BIOS (I know my other M2N-SLI
Deluxe can do this anyway).

Hope it helps.

Simon