In a message dated 12/22/2004 7:07:07 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:39:01 -0600, Mark A. Foster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> My understanding is that Shoghi Effendi's references to proselytization (conversion) are similar to the qur'anic prohibition on "compulsion in religion." In other words, he did not want Baha'is to use threats or pressure to entice someone to convert.

Fair enough. I'm not taking an issue with the policy as practiced but
how it is described. If Bahais, in principle, have essentially  the
same policy as Muslims. What does it mean that Bahais say "We don't
prosyletize" but Muslims don't make the same denial?

Would it not be better to say it in Baha`i terms for understanding:

Baha`is say: Don't compell people to accept a particular religion, but muslims don't make the same denial?

Well, of course muslims make the same denial.

Regards,

Scott