On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 6:04 AM, Carol Moore dc <carolmoor...@verizon.net>
wrote:

>  On 6/25/2014 11:50 PM, Sarah wrote:
>

> ​We've got Wikipedia:Gendergap
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Gendergap> that we could do
> something with, and Wikipedia:WikiProject Countering systemic bias/Gender
> bias task force
> <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Countering_systemic_bias/Gender_bias_task_force>,
> which has members but hasn't been active.
>
>  Sarah
>
>    Thanks, Sarah.  The first links to Meta. I completely forgot about the
> Gender Bias task force which I signed on to but evidently unwatched during
> some period of frustration.  Of course, the task force only focuses on
> working on articles, not behavior problems women editors need help with.
> ​ ... ​
>

> Perhaps the Gender Gap task force at least could allow links to actual
> ongoing ANIs/Editor Reviews/Arbitrations/noticeboards/etc.
> ​ ...​

​
​Hi Carol, we had a ruling from the ArbCom during the Chelsea Manning case
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Arbitration/Requests/Case/Manning_naming_dispute>
that said​
: "
Wikipedia editors and readers come from a diverse range of backgrounds,
including with respect to their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion,
sex or gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity or expression.
Comments that demean fellow editors, an article subject, or any other
person, on the basis of any of these characteristics are offensive and
damage the editing environment for everyone. Such comments, particularly
when extreme or repeated after a warning, are grounds for blocking or other
sanctions.
​"

That could be used to stop sexist comments.

Also, bear in mind that the Wikipedia:WikiProject Countering systemic
bias/Gender bias task force
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Countering_systemic_bias/Gender_bias_task_force>​
can be whatever we want it to be. It doesn't have to focus only on
articles. If you want to become active there, posting links or whatever
else would help, that would be great. I'd be very willing to help out too.

Sarah