Thanks Ryan.

I don't think I know who you mean though, from memory there were quite a few
who fell into the porn = feminism school of thought (sex-positive feminism or
third-wave feminism). The one person I thought you might mean has posted edits
within the last few weeks so it can't be them.

It's hard to remember now but I think it was possibly the combination of
comments from members and also some of the articles listed in the feminism
portal with GA status that I found off-putting, particularly as it had been
suggested to me as, "Oh, you should go there."

Articles with GA status:
> Batgirl (and also a second article on Barbara Gordon)
> Belle (Disney - complete with picture of Belle in ball gown and holding a
> flower)
> Beyoncé
> "Can't Hold Us Down" (Christina Aguilera, raunch culture track)
> "The Dirty Picture" (read the plot and then tell me Silk is the film / poster
> for the film is "portraying women as powerful" as described in the article's
> opening paragraph)
> "Government Hooker" (a song by Lady Gaga about John F. Kennedy's affair with
> Marilyn Monroe, lyrics include "I'm gonna drink my tears and cry / 'cos I
> know you love me baby")
> Independent Women's Forum (quote from article "IWF-affiliated writers have
> argued that the gender gap in income exists because of women's greater demand
> for flexibility, fewer hours, and less travel in their careers, rather than
> because of sexism")
> Lara Croft (male fantasy figure)
> "Love, Loss, and What I Wore" (play - the plot sounds like the opposite of
> feminism)
> Madonna
> Tara Teng (Miss World 2012)
> Xue Susu (a Chinese courtesan).

Anyway, as a start I've divided the list of members on WikiProject Feminism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Feminism/Members between
those who - have / have not - contributed to Wikipedia since 1 January 2013
(and updated the url link to take account of the change). That leaves the
project with 147 active members.

The process gave me a glimpse of the interests / articles that members are
editing, it was quite telling how many listed their interests / studies as:
human development / human capabilities / African Diaspora / psychology /
economics / poverty related (in particulary students on the Poverty, Justice,
and Human Capabilities PJHC course at Rice University). I also found Wikipedian
in Residence Sydney Poore (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:FloNight/FAQ_WiR
), perhaps useful? (I counted eight of the 147 who might reasonably be
described as sex-positive feminists or third-wave feminists, which isn't really
all that many https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-positive_feminism ).

Marie