On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Sarah <slimvir...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The new hovercards (which I otherwise love) have created another problem,
> in that lead images show up when your cursor hovers over a wikilink.

Good point. In general, it would be good to have a more thorough process
for exploring difficult-to-anticipate side effects before new features are
broadly released -- something there's been a lot of discussion about lately.

Back to Ryan's original topic -- the sometimes inappropriate nature of
discussions on Commons -- I started a draft of an essay (which, at least
theoretically, could eventually become a guideline if there is enough
support for it). I think it might be a decent start, but it could use more
input and fleshing out. Please take a look, and feel free to edit as you
see fit:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Peteforsyth/Provocative_behavior

-Pete