I just don't get a lot of this argument - I know the guy who put on
the gig in question and he's a good guy.  What's wrong with "ex pats"
anyway? I lived in Amsterdam for two years and that put me in the "ex
pat" box - it's not a word I'd consider in a negative fashion.

Of course there are many, many people in China who couldn't afford to
go to the gig in question - there's plenty of people in Glasgow who
can't afford to go the the Arches or enjoy the hedonistic club culture
it embodies but......I don't remember it stopping you playing there
Martin?  I understand completely how deep your feelings are against
the government in question but I just don't get any of the rest of the
discussion.

cheers

Jason