ja...@iridite.com wrote:
I just don't get a lot of this argument - I know the guy who put on
the gig in question and he's a good guy.
I didn't say he wasn't.

What's wrong with "ex pats"
anyway? I lived in Amsterdam for two years and that put me in the "ex
pat" box - it's not a word I'd consider in a negative fashion.
I just don't want to play to ex-pats and the rich mate, we won't play in Dubai for the same reason, our choice really, we just don't fancy it - it's no big deal and I wouldn't want to turn it into an issue and I did give my other reasons and I most definitely can't support any of those.

We just wouldn't like the vibe but I can take on board that we may be completely wrong.

Of course there are many, many people in China who couldn't afford to
go to the gig in question - there's plenty of people in Glasgow who
can't afford to go the the Arches or enjoy the hedonistic club culture
it embodies but......I don't remember it stopping you playing there
Martin?
Have you just compared China with Glasgow! Come on Jason, those are not the same, not even close. Apples for apples fella ;)

On the subject of the Arches, I agree with you it does cost too much to get in and I'd rather play the Sub Club any time of the day but on the last couple of visits we've usual played somewhere else for less money and with a lot lower door fees - we just do what we can where we can. I've really grown to love Glasgow and the vibe there, to me it's better than Berlin and we'd do what we could to support the scene.