I guess I personally don't know anyone who really buys mix CD's.

But you're right, SOMEONE must buy them. I suppose if you're name is
big enough, you can sell a lot of anything, and Fabric has a
reasonably big name. But with the number of free mixsets available
from sites like Resident Advisor, there's already more mixes out there
than one can keep up with.

I feel like scarcity made mix CD's a big deal in the past. That
scarcity is long gone, as anyone who knows how to use google can find
mixsets of their favorite DJ's online. And a mix CD does not have the
interest for collectors that vinyl has.

On the other hand, mix CD's are great for impulse buys, certainly I
could see people buying them at a show, though I don't recall anyone
other than m-nus doing much in the way of merchandising at their
events.

~David