Well, Kent, nobody knows who’s unsubbing except for you. So maybe it’s just
your family.

I wish I had money to go clubbing more often in Detroit. I wish I had a
boyfriend to go clubbing with. But I’m pretty sure I never been wishin I
was Black because then you have to suffer racism.

I do love the internet though because I can follow Liquid Sky and other NYC
90s rave accounts on Instagram and see pics of clubs I used to go raving at
in NYC in 1995-1999 when I was going to NYU. Like Twilo, I forgot about
Twilo. And Shelter. And Vinyl. And Roxy. I brought baby powder for the
floor at the Roxy sometimes in my bright blue Adidas backpack, or my Lisa
Frank backpack, cause I was a preppy raver. And the nights, like Konkrete
Jungle.

Too off topic? Too emotional? I’m so irrational.

Denise Dalphond

Denise Dalphond, Ph. D.
ethnomusicologist
schoolcraftwax.work