That's what I was trying to raise. That depends on the nature of 'techno'
clubs in the UK. There are some great techno clubs in the UK, I am sure,
with The End, etc and they are important. But we have had the same things
here with techno clubs - they become very hard, they become very
male-centric, everyone even wears the same kind of clothes, it's an
intimidating enviroment maybe and it's predictable, which is not a 'techno'
attribute. The DJs are then expected to play a certain kind of techno. I
have seen that happen here as well. Here techno clubs can be very Anglo,
too. I am not saying this doesn't happen to house clubs, but there is a
great diversity of people, across the gender and sexual spectrum, even
across the ethnic spectrum. What is stopping a techno diehard going to
Fabric, really? That is another question you have to ask. It could be as
simple as Mills wanting to break down barriers and switch things up a
little. He's always been 10 steps ahead of us. There is probably an
interesting reason behind it.