I doubt if Jeff would turn his back on 'techno'. If indeed this report is
the case (things get convoluted), then I think you'll find he just wants to
play venues where he can play the 'unexpected' which is, after all, his idea
of 'techno'? He enjoys playing more intimate venues and has said as much in
interviews. I have to say his last club tour of Australia in 2001 was
fabulous, that was one of the best tours I have experienced, so much fun,
every gig really different and memorable, we still talk about them. His sets
were so diverse and interesting with the element of surprise - Jeff Mills at
his best. I think you should look at this as an exciting development. Jeff
is the least arrogant person you could meet in this scene, especially
compared to many of the UK/European DJs who have ripped off his sound
wholesale. It really amazes me how misconstrued Mills is! He has given some
great interviews over the years explaining himself very, very clearly, on
every point raised here, plus he has used his Web site in this way. Mills at
Fabric would be off the hook! Man!