Name: Fred Heutte

Age: 46

Born: Washington, DC (god bless Chocolate City ... and its vanilla suburbs!)

Living currently: Portland, Oregon (since September 1980)

On list since: early 1995

Record/CD Collection: typical DJ 12-inch vinyl collection (about 2500),
more house than techno, strong Detroit influence... started buying CDs in
1986, stopped in 1993 when I bought my 1200s (a pivotal moment: Jeno
played what I later learned was "Dedication to Joss" at 4 am on a beach
near San Francisco).  Also still have my older stuff (first record: "Time
Is Tight," Booker T & the MGs, second: Cissy Strut, The Meters)... As far
as I'm concerned, DJing is not just something you do because you want to,
it's something you do because you have to

DJ career: 1973-77, WCUA, Catholic University; 1993-now, founding
member of Friends & Family, San Francisco

Degree: BA anthropology (archeology), Catholic University, 1977

Occupation: Database engineer, lots of political research projects for
enviro and labor groups (it's still archeology, just with data)

Other stuff: energy coordinator, Oregon chapter, Sierra Club; also have
been an (unpaid) conservation/renewable energy lobbyist since 1981,
former executive director of Oregon Solar Energy Industries
Association.  Used to be associate editor of Unicorn Times, sort of like
Metro Times in DC, 1978-80.  Also worked at American Anthropological
Association.  Billing database manager for The Well, San Francisco,
1989-95

Hobbies: reading (lots of population biology and history right now),
semi-retired hockey fan

Motto: "why make it simple and easy when you can make it complex
and wonderful!" (Tom Crone, [EMAIL PROTECTED], 1974)