there's a fine line between lo-fi aesthetic and unpleasant on the ears.
theo can land on either side of the line. i certainly 'get' the lo-fi
thing (you're talking to a guy with a whole lot of lou barlow 7-inch
records) but when it becomes painful on the ears (which i've seen theo do)
then i vote with my feet and walk away.