Unfortunately that's just the way 'Friendly Children' is. That and the kick
doesn't start to get farty until about two or three minutes in, when it also
doubles in volume, making it not only an extremely risky track to play at
volume, but one that will stand out like a sore thumb in the mix even in the
best conditions. It's a shame the fools who have bootlegged these Theo
Parrish records so far haven't had the decency to at least clean them up a
little. [Yes, that's a joke]

Tom and I seem to have this disagreement once/week these days. ;) I'm all
for a bit of grit in recordings, or lo-fi production in general, but that
doesn't excuse a crappy recording, which is definitely what these are. You
just don't get kicks like that unless you're being willfully unconcerned
with those red lights that indicate it's TOO LOUD.

While on this note, anyone know when that Carl Craig remix of 'Falling Up'
is due?

Tristan
=======
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk