Good question! It's been I guess historicised as such through 'critics'...
but the motifs that would be defined/classified/distinguished as the Baroque
movement of art/architecture/music were no doubt emulated by lesser
craftsmen - and then adapted by innovators. (Like Electroclash.)
With hyper media the time span between the creation and the 'labelling' is
shorter. Of course some artists sometimes try and present their art and it
gets called something else or contextualised in a way they can't control -
Botticelli saw his work as La Prima Vera, the spring, referring partly to
the painting that had neo-classical elements romanticised for a Christian
viewer, but it's known to us as a work of the Renaissance and he a
Renaissance painter.  I'm no Fine Arts expert... I find that Derrick & co
have a very ambivalent outlook on the very term 'Techno' now in any context
- probably as it's been wrestled from their control. That's part of the
artistic struggle.