So you find it stimulating reading time and time again "I put emotion in my
music." Don't you wanna know, well what do you mean about that? And sooo
many DJs talk of their music in terms of 'journeys'. "I wanna take people on
a journey." That's self-evident to me...
It's reductive and in 10 years I've heard so many people say it and it says
and means nothing. If you want to lure people into your craft, you need to
lure them in - and illuminate. Sorry but that's my hack side speaking! It's
a cliche as I have heard/read/transcribed it a zillion times.
I've learnt that some musicians are better - and more comfortable - letting
their music talk which I think is fair enough. I have to say I've virtually
never heard that in Detroit circles as the artists are so invidualist that
they will share insights.