> My point from the get-go is that knowledge replaces imagination.  If you
don't agree with me, then please give me your reasoning behind the loss of
imagination as one gets older.  All I am saying is that if you are going to
study science, it would be ideal to try and keep an open mind to the
unknown.  That is basically what Jeff Mills is saying in his interview and I
am just saying that I agree with him.  Why does that piss people off and
urge them to toss personal attacks about intelligence?

no TJ... knowledge doesn't replace imagination, it's the basis of it.. do
you think jeff mills could have imagined or realized his music when he was
aa kid? lack of knowledge doesn't create imagination, it creates
ignorance... blissful as it may seem, it's not the same as imagination. it
does cause less worries etc. but imagination, no.... knowledge does that,
you need something to spark your imagination. the point you are making that
you should always keep an open mind is very valid, your arguments just don't
hold water.... if you'd prefer to remain a child i feel very sorry for you,
that seems very ignorant to me. if you, however, want to keep an open mind
studying whatever, then we're on the same wavelength... but please don't say
that knowledge replaces imagination, that's just plain wrong. knowledge
feeds it.

Christian Bloch
http://mp3.com/bloch
http://www.mp313.com/christianbloch.htm

Tresor/LL/Deep Night Essentials/Simple Muzik/Funque
Droppings/Set.Go/Restructured