hi entropy,

> 11/12/2002 9:01:23 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >I think a lot of Hip Hop heads in the UK got into the whole rave scene over
> >here in the >
> late eighties/early nineties as being into hip hop got socially quite boring.
>

> Over here?

stewart's from here (UK)...

> The rave scene started over there, as their answer to our Hip-Hop scene.

don't think that is true....the rave scene developed out of the northern
soul scene (from what i've read)...original rave music was acid house (the
other key ingredient to raves was the rapid take up of ecstacy at the same
time)

>  Hence all the
> dancehall and "street" influences in the original Rave Music: Hardcore.

that came later...

and yeah i was into hip-hop before properly getting into techno/house in a
big way

robin...