> >> The rave scene started over there, as their answer to our Hip-Hop scene.
> >

> >don't think that is true....the rave scene developed out of the northern
> >soul scene (from what i've read)...original rave music was acid house (the
> >other key ingredient to raves was the rapid take up of ecstacy at the same
> >time)
>
> I don't agree that the Acid House Scene was the Rave Scene.  I think it was
> definetly
> "proto-rave", but I don't feel RAVE happened until after the Acid House Raids
> in 1989, and
> 1/2 the promoters went underground into the warehouses.  That is when the
> culture grew, and
> it wasn't just a random occurence of club-rebellion.

hmmm we'll agree to disagree... :)

rave was defo happening around 88's summer of love (see the national
newspaper headlines!!), this was quite a bit before hardcore happened
which was 89/90 ->

> >>  Hence all the
> >> dancehall and "street" influences in the original Rave Music: Hardcore.
> >
> >that came later...
>
> nah, Hardcore started in 1987, with Lennie de Ice's "We Are I.E.", and the
> early SUAD
> releases.

SUAD started in 1989 (i have a few of their releases, froma round the
time) and i'm failry sure "we are ie" came out in 89 too (what a tune btw)

cheers

robin...