11/12/2002 9:12:49 AM, robin pinning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>hi entropy,

ello.  :)

>> The rave scene started over there, as their answer to our Hip-Hop scene.
>

>don't think that is true....the rave scene developed out of the northern
>soul scene (from what i've read)...original rave music was acid house (the
>other key ingredient to raves was the rapid take up of ecstacy at the same
>time)

I don't agree that the Acid House Scene was the Rave Scene.  I think it was
definetly
"proto-rave", but I don't feel RAVE happened until after the Acid House Raids
in 1989, and
1/2 the promoters went underground into the warehouses.  That is when the
culture grew, and
it wasn't just a random occurence of club-rebellion.

>>  Hence all the
>> dancehall and "street" influences in the original Rave Music: Hardcore.
>
>that came later...

nah, Hardcore started in 1987, with Lennie de Ice's "We Are I.E.", and the
early SUAD
releases.

-Ian Entropy
(bhpc, happy vibe rec, new sample revolution, n.e. hardcore, boston)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.djentropy.com

Soulseek: djentropy
AIM: DJEntropy