----- Original Message -----
From: "Sean Creen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Tristan Watkins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "DJ
Entropy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <313@hyperreal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2002 4:22 PM
Subject: RE: (313) Hip Hop and Techno (was 8-Mile)

> >While I can see that many techno converts have come from a hip hop
> >background, I'd be inclined to side with Cyclone that especially today,
> it's
> >not terribly in-favor in the hip hop world. Even in the past this is
true.

>  I know plenty of current hip hop fans who are also massively into techno.
> Its certainly not true to say that hating techno is an ingrained part of
the
> culture, as was suggested in the original post.
> Also, we need to be clear here on whether were talking about B-boys or
Puff
> Daddy fans...

I don't know. I've always seen the world of underground hip hop as being
pretty receptive to incorporating or listening to other styles, but what
percentage of the hip hop world is listenening to or participating in
underground hip hop? I don't mean De La Soul, but the band that presses 1000
copies of their own record. If this was the culture Eminem came from, it's
not the culture he helps define today. So yeah, I'm seeing mainstrem hip hop
(which doesn't need to be defined by Puff Daddy) this way, but it's just a
generalization. I know many exceptions, but I think the rule holds true. Hip
hop is a big world.

Tristan
=====
Text/Mixes: http://phonopsia.tripod.com
Music: http://www.mp313.com
Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

New Mix in mp3, 'Live in Iowa City' available for
a short time from http://phonopsia.isoprax.com