Utterly agree with you Jeremy. I have to adapt from Samuel Johnson and
say, 'if you think you're "tired of music," you're really saying you're
tired of life'. Or something.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeremy Bible [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 01 November 2007 12:52
To: 313@hyperreal.org
Subject: Re: (313) have we run out of music?

   Bored with music?  What?  Bored with over compressed techno/pop style
production maybe...but bored with music?  I dont understand how anyone
can be bored with music/sound/noise.  I can't ever expect to keep up
between all the new and all the old 'before my time' music. There is so
much out there.
   And with all the tools we have at our disposal the biggest roadblock
we face are the laws of physics.  And with so many possible forks in the
road the greatest difficulty is knowing which turn to take.
   But I completely agree on the multi channel audio needing to come
into play more...and it is slowly...just not by techno/pop artists.
Hi-Def DVD audio...24bit 96k...(or 192 if sticking to stereo).   Then
there is 1-bit recording...
http://www.korg.com/mr/Future_Proof_Recording_Explained.pdf . The CD
player and 16/44 format needs to find its way out.  And while I
appreciate and have a decent collection of vinyl there are just too many
limitations to the format.  Low frequencies always have to be
mono/centered?  How limiting is that?

jeremybible.com