----- Original Message ----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: Odeluga, Ken
Cc: 313@hyperreal.org ; Jeremy Bible
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 3:01 PM
Subject: RE: (313) have we run out of music?

Excellent quote (or paraphrase) Ken.  It sums up how I feel about the
subject.

Suggestion:  If anyone is tired of music, take a vacation.  Go somewhere
you haven't been before
and don't ask ahead of time "where can I find Detroit techno" being played
there.
Go discover the local flavour. Don't listen to what you listen to at home.
Give it up for a week.
I promise you when you get back you won't be "tired of music" anymore.

Ha! Too true. I had Hampa (the new biggest thing in Ladakh) imposed on my ears ~25 times in a week at the end of my month away from home. Good stuff - apparently the first pop music in Ladakh to resurrect traditional Ladakhi sounds, but not four times through the CD in a row, day after day! You're right though. I was most pleased to turn on my mp3 player when I got home and find that Studio album and The Tuss waiting for my ears. Mmm... Not Hampa.

Funnily enough, my trip to India was also my first exposure to Shakira. You can understand why people hate the west when you see what slivers of western culture actually get exported.

Tristan
=======
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.phonopsia.co.uk