On 2 May 2008, at 09:02, Odeluga, Ken wrote:

I haven't even heard the mix so I've no opinion on whether it's good or
bad. However it seems fair to agree that Hawtin is very good at
marketing. Whether his marketing skills outweigh his musical ones
though, that's where it becomes a matter of opinion, innit?

I just think it's lazy to say "he's good a marketing" because to be honest it's not that hard to market records and do good artwork - you could ring and email all the press in about 2hrs!!! UR are just as good for example, as are Bpitch - the list is pretty endless.

People focus on the wrong thing with him and take the easy way out, it's almost become a natural habit for many. It's like listening to people bang on about how good the Orbit was, well the last two years where shocking, the line-ups were very, very poor and the crowd was the most narrow minded I've experienced - great days indeed, it's just selective memory.

It's also very naive to suggest people buy the "marketing idea" when selecting what to purchase, people aren't stupid.