On 2 May 2008, at 10:10, Matthew Dickinson wrote:

I get what both of you are saying... but where I'm at it's REALLY
frustrating that most people don't seem to have much personal taste
but instead just follow the trends. It makes it hard to do something
that's outside the norm or what you want to call it. Yeah, I know I'm
wining a bit now, but sometimes, I get really pissed off. If it isn't
Ricardo, Luciano, Richie, Sven etc. then it's just not interesting.

But this has always been the case but I don't think it's as bad as it was, places like Fabric are putting on artists that wouldn't normally get a "big" gig and people are finding good blogs for their sources rather than just magazines. Moaning about people who like funky house or Clubland Nation 10,000 is pretty pointless IHMO.

I guess we just have to work harder to switch people on to stuff.