From: Matthew Dickinson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 02 May 2008 10:27
To: Martin Dust
Subject: Re: (313) Easiest way to start a (313) argument - the Richie
Hawtin RA Podcast

Yeah, true. If your talking about London, Berlin or other major cities
for electronic music. There you have enough people into it that you
can still do kind of niche things and find people who like the same
stuff as you. I'm talking about Copenhagen. It's really, really hard
here sometimes. Event though you try your hardest and do all the right
things with regards to promotion etc.

Some of the artists that have played to an empty club is pretty
mindbogling, ha ha.

2008/5/2 Martin Dust <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On 2 May 2008, at 10:10, Matthew Dickinson wrote:
>

> > I get what both of you are saying... but where I'm at it's REALLY
> > frustrating that most people don't seem to have much personal taste
> > but instead just follow the trends. It makes it hard to do something
> > that's outside the norm or what you want to call it. Yeah, I know I'm
> > wining a bit now, but sometimes, I get really pissed off. If it isn't
> > Ricardo, Luciano, Richie, Sven etc. then it's just not interesting.
> >

>  But this has always been the case but I don't think it's as bad as it was,
> places like Fabric are putting on artists that wouldn't normally get a "big"
> gig and people are finding good blogs for their sources rather than just
> magazines. Moaning about people who like funky house or Clubland Nation
> 10,000 is pretty pointless IHMO.
>
>  I guess we just have to work harder to switch people on to stuff.

For all the latest news and comment visit www.telegraph.co.uk.  This
message, its contents and any attachments to it are private, confidential
and may be the subject of legal privilege.  Any unauthorised disclosure,
use or dissemination of the whole or part of this message (without our
prior written consent) is prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify us immediately. Incoming and outgoing telephone
calls to our offices may be monitored or recorded for training and quality
control purposes and for confirming orders and information. Telegraph Media
Group Limited is a limited liability company registered in England and
Wales (company number 451593).  Our registered office address is: 111
Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 0DT.