From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Adhimoolam
Vetrivel Murugan
Sent: Saturday, September 24, 2011 11:56 AM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Tips to manage without escort?

But if you are looking for tips without white cane, then I am afraid
that you are out of luck. Especially for someone with little or no
vision, nothing can supstitute mobility aids like cane. If you are
looking for tips with white cane, then that's a reasonable expectation
and fokes here can provide tips to minimise the reliability on
escorts. I would also like to bring another misconception to the
forefront. Some fokes even among visually challenged consider someone
walking around without cane being smart. I can say that there's
nothing smart about it and it's actually stupid and such attitudes put
himself or herself in danger.

Vetri.