Yeah, it's a stupid requirement s most EE PEs don't know jack about
wireless and probably less about fiber. I happen to know a couple guys who
bothered to get their PE, but I know I never did simply because there
wasn't even a test for what I do. They want you to take the power systems
and control systems exam if you are an RF guy. IT really is dumb and I
think they are just trying to weed out the smaller guys who will be forced
into a financial hardship.