All mail from mail.com gets blocked by gmail.  Have not been able to resolve issue for many months.  I don't see why I should quit mail.com to allow gmail to be my overlord.  "F" them!

On 3/9/23 11:50, dmmoff...@gmail.com wrote:

I understand your point here.

We still have Icewarp running for a handful of legacy things, but we’re actually on Office365 for company email.  I largely agree with Steve on this.  It’s not worth your trouble to run a mail server anymore.

Office365 has really aggressive spam filtering, you pretty much won’t get any spam if you use Office365.  If you’re the guy with his own mail server it’s almost inevitable that Microsoft blocks you at some point for something that seems stupid.  They are trigger happy a-holes about blocking things, but /that’s how they stop all the rest of us from getting spam./   They’re the hammer and everyone else is the nail.  1.3 million businesses in the US use Office365 and 87% of business email users are using Outlook.

Join the collective.  The Puppet Masters are benevolent overlords.

*From:* AF <af-boun...@af.afmug.com> *On Behalf Of *Chuck McCown via AF
*Sent:* Thursday, March 09, 2023 2:00 PM
*To:* AnimalFarm Microwave Users Group <af@af.afmug.com>
*Cc:* Chuck McCown <ch...@go-mtc.com>
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] mail servers

I prefer to have it in house for the 10-20 email addresses it serves for employees and other business email addresses.  It is free that way and we don’t have to worry about anything else.  But for some reason the server hangs and needs to get rebooted, usually about the same time each day.

Google got difficult, especially for email chains and other things so we stopped using them some time ago. For example, our scanner stopped being able to send emails due to something gmail did.