I see alot of the decline here being purely stubbornness and attitude. I
screwed up and told every installer that if they have a better way for them
to do it, then do it. I also let mopes train mopes.

I showed them things I do that speed things up like preterminating one end
of the outdoor cable so when climbing up to test signal, once you find the
mount, you can peak it, then just secure the cable on the way down, its
only one climb for the most part. or as an alternate, do your testing, get
it mounted, estimate the cable run and cut it to length in the van, poke
the two ends through the divider and do the terminations from the warmth of
the front seat (we do split runs using an SS as a demarc) their complaint
was they arent good at estimating lengths, no problem, so i got them some
nice flexible test cables marked with tape every ten feet, then they use
that for an exact number. eliminates putting boxes back in the van,
eliminates multiple trips back and forth

what i get when ive audited them is, climb up and test, climb down to get a
mount, climb up and mount, climb down to get cable, walk box of cable to
tower or ladder, terminate, climb up and connect, climb down to get
something climb up. climb down, do the rest of the install, then come back
and fasten.

It boils down to "im going to do it my way, not your way" like i said to
them all, i dont care as long as the job gets done right and well. They
only hear the first part.

The two man crews just doubled the amount of wasted time, not to mention
stopping to use the bathroom, stopping to smoke before leaving the shop,
before getting to the customers, after leaving the customers, etc. pooping
and smoking should be banned in the workplace and im a pooping smoker