For very small scale I would recommend going GEPON, we have been using a Planet
2 port OLT cost $2000~, ONUs are about $50

From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com<mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>> on behalf of Josh
Reynolds <j...@kyneticwifi.com<mailto:j...@kyneticwifi.com>>
Date: Monday, March 6, 2017 at 2:11 PM
To: "af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com<mailto:af@afmug.com>>
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Small-scale GPON

If you are using Calix, then your port cost will be very high. We went Alphion.
Our OLT and port costs were very low. This help us have less oversub on ports.
The plan was to design for a 32x1 but deploy a 16x1, with the intent to to make
it a 16x2 and overlay NG-PON2 in the future.

Gino Villarini

President
Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968

[cid:aeronet-logo_310cfc3e-6691-4f69-bd49-b37b834b9238.png]

On Mar 6, 2017 12:04 PM, "Chuck McCown"