Works quite well and very stable on the bigger CCR models (memory). We use 2x CCR1036-8G-2S+. Eating one of the cpus for the bgp process. 1100AHx2 cpu is a bit slow. There is a newer 1100AHx4
which is twice as fast as 1100AHx2.

Mikrotik BGP Routers are holy cows. There are no updates/config changes at normal times.

On Tue, 9 May 2017 11:20:30 +0000
 Mike Hammett <af...@ics-il.net> wrote:
I hear there are some versions better than others in terms of BGP performance, but Mikrotik BGP really belongs on x86 boxes until v7 is out.

----- Mike Hammett Intelligent Computing Solutions Midwest Internet Exchange The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "can...@believewireless.net" <p...@believewireless.net> To: af@afmug.com Sent: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 5:59:50 AM Subject: Re: [AFMUG] rb1100ahx2 bgp load

Take a look at /tool profile (on in Winbox) to see where the CPU load is going. It is probably going to routing for BGP but you can verify it here.

Is anything else running on the router? OSPF, VPN, PPPoE, etc?

Where BGP really matters is when you lose one of your peers and it goes through and updates the tables. On lower powered boxes, this will peg the CPU and can cause OSPF flaps, dropped packets and other issues.