From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Steve Jones
Sent: Monday, May 8, 2017 10:43 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: [AFMUG] rb1100ahx2 bgp load

We turned up BGP on one of our routers today, 2 peers, full routes, this is
just one upstream, we will be turning up bgp with another provider shortly
elsewhere on the network, I assume those tables will make their way to this
router.
load averaged 4-12% prior to turning up BGP now its running 60-90, even
occasionally pegged

is this a matter of tuning BGP and ROS packages, or is this just too much for
the router? this is only at 150mbps, as we increase capacity I feel we have
already scaled out of this router if its not a misconfiguration of something on
my end

[Inline image 1]