When I was growing up and still making allowance ( $5/month ) I had dreams of doing exactly that, having land up in the Sierras and being completely off the gov't radar with the land in someone else's name. Then my dad made me get a ssn ( I didn't realize one had been assigned at birth )...

On 5/12/17 9:07 AM, Kurt Fankhauser wrote:
If your kid becomes un-documented and never gets a SSN can they just fly
under the radar of society and never pay taxes, get a drivers license,
etc? That would be awesome.

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 11:02 AM, <ch...@wbmfg.com
<mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    Go to the county health department.  They will record the birth and
    get you a birth certificate (in Illinois).

    *From:* Steve Jones
    *Sent:* Friday, May 12, 2017 8:25 AM
    *To:* af@afmug.com
    *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT: firewall maintenance

    we had the existing 2 in the hospital, the first one had a heart
    murmur because the doctor in all hi knowledge decided to induce a
    month early, little runt guy my son was, but his hole in his heart
    closed up and he outgrew his runtness. the second one had an OB who
    was a man hating believer in bedrest and refused to let my paramedic
    sister get her stork pin.
    The old lady wants to do it at home. My only issues with it are the
    mess, the minimal risk of complication, and primarily the paperwork
    the hospital handles, I don't know how that works, do I just take
    the fresh spawn up to the police station and get a sticker like a
    bicycle registration or what? If I mess up the paperwork does my kid
    become an illegal immigrant?

    On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 7:42 AM, Kurt Fankhauser