CTI uses NetSapiens as do some others. They are a bit more expensive than
some alternatives but if they do what they said they would do (handle 100%
of all porting) that can be worth a bit depending on how big an ass your
losing carrier wants to be. If this is going to be a main revenue source I
would tell you to go ahead and go direct to NS. If not, probably a pretty
good deal. Others on this list, Like Chuck Bender, might make you a better
deal depending on what you want.

I don't do any residential but a key to VoIP success up front is to limit
the number of devices you support. I choose to only support 3 phones and
one fax. I don't do ATA's at all. Trunks I handle with Adtran only.