Hi =)

I already have a project going on.. but it's still in the planning stage.
The main difficulty is finding people who agree "in the main" about the
basic theory.

About my project:

1. Has to be for-profit, but openness is good.  Also it'd be quite different
from conventional companies in that the project is owned by all partners and
decisions are made by voting.

2. Knowledge representation is "basically" FOPL, perhaps with probabilities
/ fuzziness.  This rules out "scruffie" AI folks, sorry.  Everyone knows
that intelligence entails a lot of things (eg vision), but I believe there
should be a "core" that is based on a uniform representation.  Guess it's
better to skip the scruffie vs neat debate, and simply let people coalesce
to different projects.

These 2 are the most important criteria.  I tend to prefer partners with a
more theoretical slant, rather than churning out code at high speed.

Some minor points:

a) language -- unimportant.  I think I'll use Lisp for initial development,
then switch to probably C# or Java.  It's so difficult to find the right
minds that language should not be a cause of disagreement at all.  The
entire project doesn't need to be in same language, but I also believe that
it would not be colossal in size.

b) reflection -- source-level reflection is not needed for a basically
declarative AGI.  Note that this doesn't mean my AGI would not be able
to program itself eventually.

c) well-documented, sure.

d) chat room:  I say let's start a chat room for AGI in general.  I
have started one on freenode.net, channel = #General-Intelligence  (for some
reason the names #AGI and #GI were taken).

e) I'd like to be able to say "everyone can do their own thing" but there
should be some structure that people can agree to, which I think is the KR.

Cheers!
YKY