From: Ben Goertzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [agi] "the universe is computable" [Was: Occam's Razor and its
abuse]
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Date: Thursday, October 30, 2008, 6:02 PM

If I can assume that Turing machines exist, then I can assume perfect knowledge
of the state of the universe. It doesn't change my conclusion that the universe
is computable.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

1)
Turing machines are mathematical abstractions and don't physically exist

2)
I thought **I** had a lot of hubris but ... wow!  Color me skeptical that you
possess perfect knowledge of the state of the universe ;-)

ben g

      agi | Archives

 | Modify
 Your Subscription