On Tue, 2003-04-01 at 12:37, Romulus Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have a problem with my soundcard. I have a "TERRATEC - DMX
> XFire 1024" (chip CS4624-CQ).
> The problem is that my system hangs up after an undefined
> time but only when the soundcard is in use e.g. when I hear
> music. It happens randoml
> y sometimes after 5 minutes or it could also happen after 3
> hours. More bad is that the whole system hangs up - mouse,
> keyboard and so on - so
> that the only thing is I can do is to turn off my computer.
> All what remains is a terrible sound like a metallic buzz.

Man, I thought I was the only one getting this problem.  I've got a
Santa Cruz Turtle Beach in my system and a GeForce2 MX400 and thought I
was having problems with my crappy cheap motherboard (ECS K7S5A) so I
bought an Asus.  I almost always got the lockup when music was playing
and an OpenGL screensaver was running.  Switching mobo's made the
lockups not as frequent.  Switching to a non-OpenGL screensaver made the
stop entirely.  This was with several of the 0.9 rc candidates, 0.9.1
and 0.9.2.

--[Lance]

--
  Carolina Spirit Quest:  http://www.carolinaspiritquest.org/