On Wed, 2003-04-02 at 13:18, Adam Jones wrote:
> On 02-Apr-03, Lance A. Brown wrote:
>
> > Man, I thought I was the only one getting this problem. I've got a
> > Santa Cruz Turtle Beach in my system and a GeForce2 MX400 and thought
> > I was having problems with my crappy cheap motherboard (ECS K7S5A) so
> > I bought an Asus. I almost always got the lockup when music was
> > playing and an OpenGL screensaver was running. Switching mobo's made
> > the lockups not as frequent. Switching to a non-OpenGL screensaver
> > made the stop entirely. This was with several of the 0.9 rc
> > candidates, 0.9.1 and 0.9.2.
>
> OOI, is anything sharing an interrupt with your GeForce card?  NVidia's
> cards have always seemed to be incredibly bad at sharing interrupts with
> anything whenever I've found one doing it.

Yeah.  The ECS K7S5A mobo I was using put my GeForce2 and _2_ 3C59X NICs
on the same IRQ, and nothing I did could get it to change its mind.
That's part of why I bought the Asus A7S333 I'm running now.  It put
everything on it's own IRQ.

--[Lance]

--
Carolina Spirit Quest - www.carolinaspiritquest.org