I already wrote to Lance that I also have got a
GeForce2-MX400 and that there must be the coherence. But I
am not using a screensaver.
I also get lockups with several 0.9rc x, 0.9.1 and 0.9.2
Today I have set with xset
 # xset s 0 0 dpms 0 0 0
and I played music over 3 hours with 0.9.2 without lockups
but I could not believe that this is a solution. Maybe there
is world wide another person with the same problem.