No debate about that... demo's are very effective for some products... and technology products are in that group :).

A good demo for an Android app that focused on showing what you can do , and "Look how easy it is to do it" would be a great marketing tool... if you can figure out how to get it to your potential customers.. or get your potential customers to it :).