Increasing CTR increases CPM. If you want to deny that, you're also denying
yourself potential revenue. There's no simple math here as Rudolf explained.

But forget the revenue. What is the point of an app anyway? It's providing
a useful bit of software that improves the usability of the device to the
user. Another words, a great user experience. My point is that by letting
users opt out of ads for free, they get a better user experience and the
device itself becomes more useful.

If the point of your app isn't to do this, then for sure, free opt out
isn't for you.

One additional detail... Free users who opt out of ads will see them come
back after 30 days. They can opt out again but they will be back after a
month. We do this because a new user might automatically opt out of ads
when they first install the app but later, after they get used to using the
app, might hardly notice the ads coming back and even find them useful.

-John Coryat