On Monday, 17 September 2012 18:18:13 UTC+2, John Coryat wrote:

> Many developers force users to purchase something in order to remove
> advertisements from their apps. While this may seem to be a good revenue
> model, it tends to annoy and anger users. It has some other serious
> consequences as well.

In my experience that has not been the case: I almost get no complain about
app havings ads. I've placed them only on 1 screen of the app (and not
every possible screen like some apps do), and to be the least intrusive as
possible.  In fact, I'm not using ads to generate revenue from them and
could care less about CPM, CTR, etc. Ad revenue is abysmally low anyway but
I could care less. It is just one more incentive incentive to get users to
purchase the full version to remove them (+ get some unlocked features).