I just want to throw my 2cents here...

While the math presented here is true, you left out an interesting side
effect: Implementing an opt out can lead to higher click through rates and
higher click through rates draw higher bids from the advertisers meaning
higher revenue / click values.

The math was based on the assumption that the revenue/click value is the
same for all applications. This is not true. I have two apps apparently
with the same user base and one of them have the 4 times the CTR as the
other and the one with higher CTR brings in about 20% more revenue per
clicks.

Higher bidding advertisements appear more often in apps that have higher
CTRs affectively resulting in higher revenue / click figures.

Now it's a different story whether allowing that 1.5% users not to show the
ads will increase your CTR noticeably... I think no, but the goodwill might
counter your small losses. It really depends on the user attitudes.

Rudolf