This is not just a constrained device issue.

Open Connectivity Foundation is also using CoAP across a wide range of platform capabilities.

On 8/3/2016 10:14 AM, Joel M. Halpern wrote:
COuld any of the folks involved with low power answer one question this note suggests?

As I understqnd it, low power devices are usually viewed as having limited capabilities. Thus, I would normally expect to see their autonomic functions handled by a proxy, much as a COAP gateway provides connectivity to the rest of the Internet for such devices.

If that is the case, then I would not expect to run GRASP or ANIMA bootstrap on the low end devices, but rather on the proxy. I would instead expect a more specialized protocol (presumabvly over CoAP) for the last leg. Without ANIMA discovery, etc.

What am I missing?
Yours,
Joel