Joel M. Halpern <j...@joelhalpern.com> wrote:
    > As I understqnd it, low power devices are usually viewed as having limited
    > capabilities.
    > Thus, I would normally expect to see their autonomic functions handled
    > by a
    > proxy, much as a COAP gateway provides connectivity to the rest of the
    > Internet for such devices.

    > If that is the case, then I would not expect to run GRASP or ANIMA
    > bootstrap on the low end devices, but rather on the proxy.

The goal is not to run GRASP or ACP on the low-end devices (the lightbulbs),
but rather to be able to use common infrastructure for bootstrapping.

    > What am I missing?

It's not about running GRASP over an ACP between lightbulbs, it's about
enrollment/bootstrap.   It might be about running GRASP over an ACP
between lighting controllers, and that may well involve the proxies you
mention.

(It's also worth making a comparison to what we consider "limited
capabilities" to what we had as control plane CPUs 20 years years ago)

 -= IPv6 IoT consulting =-