Thanks, Rafa

The combination of CoAP and EAP is certainly interesting. Let me
quickly summarize how in ANIMA we got to not consider EAP when we
looked at it without CoAP in the picture:

1. We did earlier in Anima investigate if/how we could/should use
EAP to perform ANIMA bootstrap. It turned out that transporting
all the desired key-infrastructure bootstrap messages across EAP
would have been quite cumbersome. It would have been necesssary to
use eg: EAP-TTLS which seems not to have seen wider use, and which would
have required to much around with the client side TLS stack (those
where the salient points if memory serves me right on this discussion).

2. Likewise, it seemed more appropriate for us to rely simply on IPv6
link-local addressing to first exist on clients than to figure out how to
make sure L2-only solutions like EAPoL exist everywhere and would
work across all L2 media - and having to tie ANIMA code into
such L2 code.  I can see how different industry groups that
specifically work only with one particular L2 technology are happy to
base more design on direct L2 layered protocols, but for ANIMA trying
to be easily applicable across any L2 technology, IPv6-LL seemed like
the best first approach. If specific L2 technologies have reasons
not to use it, i think we could add-on optimizations for those link
technologies.

Cheers
    Toerless