"Needless to say, in my 34 years in the classroom I haven't been engaged in an effort to indoctrinate children into acceptance of the class system."

But by your presence there -accepting the blood money - aren't you implicitly legitimizing the institution? The whole institution is there basically to brainwash the kids - masquerading as an education. The fact that some teachers don't is in a way insidious - because it allows the owner class to point to those teachers as evidence that the institutions are legitimate.  How is that different from MG? My problem with Chomsky is that he talks the talk but does not match it with his actions. He accepts blood money. You could make a small contributrion by quitting.

In fact teachers are pretty well paid. Take my wife - very talented but not employed. Tries very hard to find work. Teachers are insulated from those  realities of life under capitalism - and thus can complain while not  forced to  feel  the pain. Teachers typically are guaranteed job security, given the equivalent of socialized medicine - plus a good retirement.

just my opinions

I am fascinated by your reactions to my prior questions. You cite an American news man and an American movie as the source of your information. I suspect you have built some idealizations about the USSR that might not be matched by the facts. There were good and bad there - and great strains in the society.

In the spirit of answering the questions I ask - here is one  more question and my answer.

What is the source of your understanding of the USSR?

My answer: I lived there from 1977 to 1982 - married there - my father in law and mother in law were members of the communist party. My wife's grandfather was a general in the KGB - sent to prison during Stalin's purges - held for 10 years and then shot on the day he was to leave prison. We have relatives in Moscow and Riga - communicate with them regularly - travel back and forth from here to there. We mourn for many  good things lost when the USSR went under - but also rejoice in certain things gained. To our surprise - our relatives in Moscow are happy with the change. In my mind MG was a good guy and is improperly blamed for something colossally complicated.

Having said these things does not mean that I endorse the enormous social dislocation that has been the result. The result of the US  governments continued pressure to bring that system down; coupled with the apathy of the citizens of the US. It seems US citizens have an infinite capacity to look the other way when evil is  done by their government. MG would have needed the strength of Atlas to hold off the collapse.

In my view, he fact that many Russians would not vote for MG  is as significant as the fact the many Americans are happy with Shrub.

I hope this does not seem confrontational - I do not mean it to be.

Richard