Peter M. Jansson said:
> On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Dossy wrote:
>
>> > 2: full emulation of mod_rewrite and .htaccess files
>>
>> I know this isn't what you want to hear, but ... if you want Apache,
>> then run Apache.  :-)
>
> I'm in strong agreement.  There's a lot in .htaccess that's fundamental
> Apache architecture (AddHandler in a .htaccess file, for example -- that
> just won't work with AOLserver as it stands, and the changes would go a
> long way toward turning it into Apache).  Now, if all you really want is
> perms stuff, that's more manageable, but still requires a new perms module
> in AOLserver.  mod_rewrite I imagine could be done, but could probably be
> done as easily in a filter.

Using filters is easy enough, I did it when I ran AS.. but I am running
some third party stuff that is made more capable/powerful with mod_rewrite
and .htaccess... and some other software that requires .htaccess so it
makes it easier to work with...  in other words its not the functionality
that is already there in other ways, but the compatibility that I need.